Date: 29/03/2022 - 30/03/2022
Time: All Day
Location: NCVO Offices
Course fee – £795 plus VAT
Deadline for applications – 1st March 2022 (to allow time for the pre-course study)
What They Said.
IN-HOUSE COURSES: for 2, 3 or 4-day options and prices click here
FAQs about this course?….. click here
The course helps delegates to control their schemes more effectively, and introduces tools that help deal with typical day-to-day problems and issues faced by Development & Regeneration staff. It is the first step towards professional qualification.
“I’ve picked up lots of ideas to improve my projects”
“I would strongly recommend this course to colleagues at ALL levels regardless of experience.”
The APM’s Project Fundamentals Qualification (previously called the Introductory Certificate in Project Management) is designed to enable successful candidates to understand the language of project management and the structure of a successful project. After attending the course, delegates will be able to take an active part in a project team and make a positive contribution to any project environment.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for:
- Development / regeneration / asset management staff involved in delivering projects who have not had training in formal project management;
- Senior executives and Board members who want an overview of project management, to better understand good practice;
- Housing Management, Lettings, Sales, Maintenance or Community Regeneration staff who contribute to the development of new housing scheme or have to deliver other projects (such as a review of void management processes, establishing an effective Resident Panel, re-tendering Term Contracts etc);
- Anyone intending to progress to the professionally-recognised Project Management Qualification (previously known as the APMP).
This is a two-day classroom-based course concluding with a one hour, 60 question, multiple-choice exam set, invigilated and marked by the APM.
Joining instructions are sent to delegates approximately 4 weeks before the course start date. It is very helpful if the pre-course preparation is completed which will take 6 – 12 hours.
The course is structured to meet the Project Fundamentals Qualification syllabus will cover the principles of project management including:
At the end of the course you will be assessed for the Project Fundamentals Qualification. This is a one hour, multiple-choice exam with 60 questions.
What You Get
The Course provides:
- One copy of the APM’s Study Guide for the course;
- Comprehensive handout;
- Two days of training;
- APM examination at the end of Day 2 (1 hour multiple choice paper);
- APM Certificate for successful candidates.
The course is run by HATC’s Managing Director, Andrew Drury.
Attendance on this course does not require any prior knowledge or experience of project management. The qualification is designed for anyone looking to start a successful career in project management and for those wanting to understand the principles of project management excellence.
Duration & Times
Day 1: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Day 2: 9.00am – 4.00pm
The Project Fundamentals Qualification is the first step on the road to professional qualification and recognition. The next step is the Project Management Qualification, previously known as the “APMP“. It confers professional status, and is delivered in our Project Management for Affordable Housing Development: Theory & Practice course. The next one is listed on our Open Courses Programme. Or we can run it in-house for you – email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The full professional pathway is set out here.
Bookings are closed for this event. However, we will run this course again shortly. Please visit the Open Courses webpage for more details.