We can help you deliver individual schemes in a variety of ways. For more information, please contact us.
Site identification and initial appraisal against your brief in order to bring you the opportunities that you seek.
Scheme planning, management & delivery (interim cover or as appointed project manager)
Acting as a scheme’s project manager either:
- from inception through to completion or
- providing cover during staff vacancy or
- expert advice on specific aspects of, or phases of, more complex projects
Scheme Gantt Charts
A schedule (usually in Gantt Chart format) is the basic tool of the project manager. Without it, we don’t have a proper plan of action, we don’t know the critical path, so we can’t spot some risks, we can’t track progress, so we don’t know when milestones will actually be achieved. Without it, we’re just guessing.
But many RP staff struggle with the software, so don’t use schedules – to the great detriment of their projects.
We can produce your project schedule using MS Project or Asta software, and can keep it updated for you. This means
- you’ll have much closer control over your scheme,
- you ‘ll have your own information to draw on, not having to rely on the assurances of others (e.g. the site manager swearing blind they’ll finish on time, even though they’d currently late….)
- you’ll deal with problems earlier,
- your reporting will be more accurate and
- your projects will complete significantly closer to the originally-predicted date, improving relationships with funders, and enhancing your reputation.
A quote from a convert: “Using schedules has been the road to greater power and control over the builder!” Caryn Innes, Development Manager, Four Housing
S106 / CIL negotiations
We can assist affordable housing providers or private housebuilders understand the complex issues behind these negotiations that can significantly delay projects.
Development Agency Services for small HAs, ALMOs, LAs
We provide a full Development Agency service for affordable housing providers. Many “smalls” are concerned that larger registered providers may focus primarily on their own schemes when acting as Development Agent. We do not run a programme of our own schemes, and so we can promise that our professional project management service is focused entirely on your projects.
We strongly recommend planning how to manage project risks from Inception stage, not just from detailed planning permission or start on site. We can also help you develop risk plans that are meaningful and do not constitute death-by-spreadsheet. effective risk management is such an important element of professional project management, we try to include as much coaching of your staff as possible in our work.
Four Housing, Housing Plus, Family HA (York); YMCAs; Rutland Council, Lincs Rural, Kearns Properties, Southward Council.