Project Fundamentals Qualification
Very engaging, relative and well presented. Brought the Study Guide to life and put it into context of the work environment that is Housing delivery.
Attended the Project Fundamentals Qualification course.
The course helps delegates to control their schemes more effectively, and introduces tools that help deal with typical day-to-day problems and issues faced by Development & Regeneration staff. It is the first step towards a professional qualification.
The Association for Project Management’s (APM) Project Fundamentals Qualification (previously called the Introductory Certificate in Project Management) is designed to enable successful candidates to understand the language of project management and the structure of a successful project. After attending the course, delegates will be able to take an active part in a project team and make a positive contribution to any project environment.
This course is suitable for:
- Development / regeneration / asset management staff involved in delivering projects who have not had training in formal project management
- Senior executives and Board members who want an overview of project management, to better understand good practice
- Housing Management, Lettings, Sales, Maintenance or Community Regeneration staff who contribute to the development of new housing scheme or have to deliver other projects (such as a review of void management processes, establishing an effective Resident Panel, re-tendering Term Contracts etc)
- Anyone intending to progress to the professionally-recognised Project Management Qualification
The course is structured to meet the Project Fundamentals Qualification syllabus. It will cover the principles of project management, including:
- Risk management
- Quality Management
- Planning and scheduling
- Resource management
- Gateway & Project Reviews
- Team work
At the end of the course you will be assessed for the Project Fundamentals Qualification. This is a one hour, multiple-choice, exam with 60 questions.
Duration: 2 days
This is a classroom-based course. It concludes with a one hour, 60 question, multiple-choice exam which is set, invigilated and marked by the APM.
Joining instructions are sent to delegates approximately 4 weeks before the course start date. We strongly recommend completion of the pre-course preparation beforehand, which will take 6 – 12 hours.
All trainees will be provided with:
- One copy of the APM’s Study Guide for the course
- A comprehensive handout in electronic format
This course does not require any prior knowledge or experience of project management. The qualification is designed for anyone looking to start a successful career in project management, and for those wanting to understand the principles of project management excellence.
On successful completion of this course you will be provided with an APM certificate.
The Project Fundamentals Qualification is the first step on the road to professional qualification and recognition. The next step is the Project Management Qualification. It confers professional status, and is delivered in our Project Management for Affordable Housing Development: Theory & Practice course.
Andrew has worked in the affordable housing sector for nearly forty years, delivering affordable housing developments and regeneration schemes since 1983, from Admin Officer to Group Development Director for a major regional HA. He is also the founder of HATC.