Date: 15/03/2022 - 16/03/2022
Time: All Day
Location: NCVO Offices
Course costs: £745 +VAT
This course follows on from Understanding the Development Process, and looks in more detail at types of building contracts, the JCT D&B 2016 form, an overview of the stages in construction, how to be the active client during the on-site period, managing handover and defects.
This course is suitable for Development and Regeneration staff who are new to the discipline, and staff from other teams within Registered Providers who are drafted into Development project teams.
Entry or Pre-course Requirements
This course is designed to follow on from Understanding the Development Process. It is preferable, although not essential, that delegates should either have attended that course or have an equivalent level of knowledge.
Recommended Pre-course Reading
You will find it helpful to look over the relevant Topics in Developing Affordable Housing 2017, available here from the National Housing Federation,
Delegates are asked to review the following documents, and bring a copy to the course:
- A copy of a signed building contract for a scheme currently on-site or recently completed. This should be the full Form of Contract, not just the Contract Particulars pages. Please don’t bring all the associated contract documents – the ERs, Contractor’s proposals etc – that’d be too bulky to carry!
- A copy of a contractor’s programme for a scheme (could be the same scheme as the one above, or a different one);
- A copy of a Contractor’s application for payment and the EA’s Interim Certificate for the same month;
- A copy of a contractor’s Monthly Site Meeting Report (assuming you get them).
If you are unsure what documents in your files will give you this information, ask your manager who should be able to help.
This course covers the following subject areas which are addressed at an intermediate level:
- Building contracts ½ day
- types of contract, key client obligations and how risks are distributed;
- Basic construction ½ day
- the main stages & trades involved in the construction process
- On-site management – payment, decisions and programme ½ day
- Handover & beyond ½ day
- The snagging process
- What is PC?
- Defects – what they are (and what they are not)
- Effective defect management & common problems
- Latent defects & how to manage them
Intensive interactive classroom-based learning with exercises
Duration & Times
Day 1: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Day 2: 9.00am – 4.00pm
On completion of this course you will be provided with an HATC certificate.
To book places on this training course please complete the form below.
If you need us to quote your Purchase order number, please provide it. If you don't use PO numbers, just insert "none".
After receiving your request for a booking we will invoice you, at which point your request for a place is approved.
Fields marked with * are required.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before proceeding.
Please note that prices shown below include VAT!