Date: 01/11/2022 - 02/11/2022
Time: All Day
Location: NCVO Offices
Course costs: £745 + VAT
This course follows on from Understanding the Development Process, and looks in more detail at the construction procurement process, types of building contracts focusing on the JCT D&B 2016 form including important clauses and their application, an overview of the stages and elements of construction and then how to be an effective client during the construction, including managing the contractor and team and then managing handover and the defect management process.
This course is suitable for Development and Regeneration staff who are reasonably new to the discipline, and staff from other teams within Registered Providers who are drafted into Development project teams.
This course covers the following subject areas:
- Building contracts
- Types of contract, key client obligations and how risks are distributed
- Basic construction
- The main stages & trades involved in the construction process
- On-site management
- Payment, decisions and programme
- Handover & beyond
- The snagging process
- What is PC?
- Defects – what they are (and what they are not)
- Effective defect management & common problems
- Latent defects & how to manage them
Duration: 2 days
Intensive interactive learning with exercises. This course is available in both classroom and virtual format.
Before coming on the course please review the following documents, and bring a copy with you to the course:
- A copy of a signed building contract for a scheme currently on-site or recently completed. This should be the full Form of Contract, not just the Contract Particulars pages. Please don’t bring all the associated contract documents – the ERs, Contractor’s proposals etc – that would be too bulky to carry!
- A copy of a contractor’s programme for a scheme (could be the same scheme as the one above, or a different one)
- A copy of a Contractor’s application for payment and the EA’s Interim Certificate for the same month
- A copy of a contractor’s Monthly Site Meeting Report (assuming you get them)
- If you are unsure what documents will give you this information, ask your manager who should be able to help.
You will find it helpful to look over the relevant Topics in Developing Affordable Housing, published by the National Housing Federation. It is available here.
This course is designed to follow on from Understanding the Development Process. It is preferable, although not essential, that delegates should either have attended that course or have an equivalent level of knowledge.
On completion of this course you will be provided with an HATC certificate.
Duration & Times
Day 1: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Day 2: 9.00am – 4.00pm
To book places on this training course please complete the form below.
If you need us to quote your Purchase order number, please provide it. If you don't use PO numbers, just insert "none".
After receiving your request for a booking we will invoice you, at which point your request for a place is approved.
Fields marked with * are required.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before proceeding.
Please note that prices shown below include VAT!