Date: 27/09/2022 - 28/09/2022
Time: All Day
Location: NCVO Offices
Course costs: £745 +VAT
This course follows on from Understanding the Development Process, and looks in more detail at the early stages in development management, including site finding, negotiation, valuation, project planning and the conveyancing process. Including undertaking feasibility studies focusing on common legal and technical issues that arise on housing development sites.
This course is suitable for Development and Regeneration staff who are reasonably new to the discipline, and staff from other teams within Registered Providers who are drafted into Development project teams.
This course covers the following subject areas:
- Site finding and negotiation
- Feasibility Studies – how to do them
- Valuation basics
- Milestone planning
Duration: 2 days
Intensive interactive learning with exercises. This course is available in both classroom and virtual format.
Before coming on the course please review the following documents from one of your schemes currently under development (or very recently completed), and bring a copy with you to the course:
- The report on a completed desktop feasibility study on a site you were considering buying (and may now have bought, or may have dropped)
- A valuation report for a site you have purchased giving the value of the land / building bought
- A valuation report for the value of completed dwellings – typically for shared ownership or outright sale dwellings (if you have any schemes with sale units in them)
- A copy of the agreed Heads of Terms for land recently purchased
- A Report on Title for a site recently purchased
- A project Gantt Chart (preferably one for the whole project, from inception through to completion, but if that’s not available, bring a contractor’s programme)
If you are unsure what documents will give you this information, ask your manager who should be able to help.
You will find it helpful to look over the relevant Topics in Developing Affordable Housing, published by the National Housing Federation. It is available here.
This course is designed to follow on from Understanding the Development Process. It is preferable, although not essential, that delegates should either have attended that course or have an equivalent level of knowledge.
On completion of this course you will be provided with an HATC certificate.
Duration & Times
Day 1: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Day 2: 9.00am – 4.00pm
To book places on this training course please complete the form below.
If you need us to quote your Purchase order number, please provide it. If you don't use PO numbers, just insert "none".
After receiving your request for a booking we will invoice you, at which point your request for a place is approved.
Fields marked with * are required.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before proceeding.
Please note that prices shown below include VAT!