Date: 06/06/2022 - 07/06/2022
Time: All Day
Location: NCVO Offices
Course costs: £745 +VAT
This course follows on from Understanding the Development Process, and looks in more detail at the early stages in development management, from site finding to the conveyancing process.
This course is suitable for Development and Regeneration staff who are new to the discipline, and staff from other teams within Registered Providers who are drafted into Development project teams.
Entry or Pre-course Requirements
This course is designed to follow on from Understanding the Development Process. It is preferable, although not essential, that delegates should either have attended that course or have an equivalent level of knowledge.
Recommended Pre-course Reading
You will find it helpful to look over the relevant Topics in Developing Affordable Housing 2017, available here from the National Housing Federation,
Before coming on the course please review the following documents from one of your schemes currently under development (or very recently completed), and bring a copy with you to the course:
- The report on a completed desktop feasibility study on a site you were considering buying (and may now have bought, or may have dropped);
- A valuation report for a site you have purchased giving the value of the land / building bought;
- A valuation report for the value of completed dwellings – typically for shared ownership or outright sale dwellings (if you have any schemes with sale units in them);
- A copy of the agreed Heads of Terms for land recently purchased
- A Report on Title for a site recently purchased.
- A project Gantt Chart (preferably one for the whole project, from inception through to completion, but if that’s not available, bring a contractor’s programme).
If you are unsure what documents in your files will give you this information, ask your manager who should be able to help.
This course covers the following subject areas which are addressed at an intermediate level:
- Site finding & negotiation ⅓ day
- Feasibility Studies – how to do them ⅓ day
- Valuation basics ⅓ day
- Milestone planning ⅓ day
- Conveyancing ⅔ day
Intensive interactive classroom-based learning with exercises
Duration & Times
Day 1: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Day 2: 9.00am – 4.00pm
On completion of this course you will be provided with an HATC certificate.
To book places on this training course please complete the form below.
If you need us to quote your Purchase order number, please provide it. If you don't use PO numbers, just insert "none".
After receiving your request for a booking we will invoice you, at which point your request for a place is approved.
Fields marked with * are required.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before proceeding.
Please note that prices shown below include VAT!