Time: All Day
Location: NCVO Offices
Course costs: £365 +VAT
This course provides an overview of the role and typical responsibilities of the Employer’s Agent and other key members of the typical consultant team used in affordable housing developments and regeneration, s, and how the RP’s project manager can lead them effectively in order to get the best performance from them.
This course is suitable for Development and Regeneration staff within Registered Providers and others with responsibility for managing and coordinating teams of consultants engaged in delivering successful projects.
Entry or Pre-course Requirements
This course is designed to follow on from the Intermediate Development courses. It is preferable, although not essential, that delegates should either have attended those courses or have an equivalent level of knowledge of building and professional services contracts.
It is helpful if delegates have a good understanding of professional project management tools and techniques, such as provided by the Project Fundamentals Qualification.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive handout with this course.
This course covers the following subject areas which are addressed:
- Who is in the consultant team? Who isn’t?….
- Why does a client need an EA and consultant team? Key roles & responsibilities.
- Different team membership for different procurement routes.
- EA & team selection – Scope of work required….what do you want them to do (technical skills and soft skills)?
- EA & team selection – tender list; how many? How do you choose the right one?
- Briefing the team – the foundation for getting what we want.
- Managing the team – performance management, rewards and disputes.
- Managing the team – Troubleshooting session: answers and suggestions for your current issues
- Disbanding / closing down the consultant team.
Intensive interactive classroom-based learning with exercises.
The troubleshooting session is an opportunity for you to seek advice on how to deal with any issues you currently face regarding managing your EA or other members of the consultant team. You may want to ask around amongst colleagues about any such issues before coming on the course.
On completion of this course you will be provided with an HATC certificate.
To book a place on this course email us by clicking here
To book places on this training course please complete the form below.
If you need us to quote your Purchase order number, please provide it. If you don't use PO numbers, just insert "none".
After receiving your request for a booking we will invoice you, at which point your request for a place is approved.
Fields marked with * are required.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before proceeding.
Please note that prices shown below include VAT!